Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help binding TCP/IP protocols

Status
Not open for further replies.

sribich

Technical User
Dec 1, 2000
US
Hello there all, I am running a network and to make a long story short, I cant get my network card to read TCP/IP in the binding tab (Windows 98SE) If I install IPX that works fine, and all the other computer on my network show the TCP/IP in the bindings tab. The TCP/IP shows up and all below in the configuration window, and I have tried deleting and adding the card and protocols over and over. The netowork runs ok, but when I am trying to install this software it says my card isnt bound to any TCP/IP, and I cant get that bindings tab for the card to show up TCP/IP on my computer for the life of me, the others went fine...any help would be much appreciated.

I am having the same problem. I am running Win98SE and I can't get my 3Com NIC to accept a TCP/IP binding. In the network configuration tab I see:

Client for Microsoft Networks
3Com EtherLink 10/100 PCI TPO NIC
TCP/IP (with nothing after it)

I am trying to get a comcast cable DHCP connection up. I get the green light on the back of the card with flashing activity. I have tried removing the NIC and TCP/IP (re-building my entire stack) from safe-mode and then re-installing, but the same thing happens. Is this some funky Win98SE issue or could this mean the NIC is dead?

Hi, Im having this problem on a latitude CP laptop. Currently using 2 cards (one in docking station, one PCMCIA (3C589C) net card. When its in the docking station it binds TCP/IP fine, (no probs at all). When its not in the dock, I can't bind TCP/Ip, but can bind other protocols. Have tried updating drivers to no avail. any suggestions other than a rebuild?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back