Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! BCM 1000 upgrading using a Rls 4.0 Hard disk from another BCM 200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theonlyphilbee

Technical User
Nov 26, 2012
GB
Hi All,
I have a BCM 1000 that is currently running Rls 2.5, I have Purchased a upgrade license and have the .LIC file, I was advised that I would need a New/Replacement Release 4.0 BCM 200/400 Hard disk.

However I am quite savy with these and have a Full version of acronis Tru Image, I was wondering if i just stuck the Rls 4.0 Hard disk from a BCM 200 I had, it would reset as if it were a replacement i.e Reinitialise and i just load the key code and off i go.

so tried that but it doesn't boot just says loading kernal then stops....

is there anyway to reuse the hard disks from other BCM's? or just delete a config file or something so it's like a blank/new un-initialised Rls 4.0?

Thanks in advance

I had a BCM200 recently with R3.7 software that wouldn't boot with a new R4.0 hard drive. Apparently there's some changes made to the BIOS during the upgrade process because R3.7 is Windows NT and R4.0 is Linux. When I ran the upgrade program from the CD's it worked fine, but it took about 1.5 hours to complete. I think this is the issue you're having because I remember mine hanging at "loading kernel" as well.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back