Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help...auto attdnt not answering

Status
Not open for further replies.

mburdan1182002

Technical User
Aug 2, 2005
CN
I have a BCM 400 with Call Pilot. I have a PRI circuit programmed into the BCM.

When the main number is called, it comes over the PRI and it rings on x221. x221 will ring four times then go to the mailbox associated with x221.

The main number is suppose to ring into the auto attnd first, the caller makes their choice, then the caller can come out to x221.

I have the PRI lines (091 - 114) assigned in the lines administration in voicemail. but the main number is not making the jump from the BCM to the Call Pilot. How do i remove the ringing from x221 so the call first goes to the auto attndt?

any ideas?

have you built target lines? a target line to map the digits to the AA? Say you build 555-1234 on target line 241. You need to tell the AA to pick up line 241, because it's mapping the incoming digits. calls are going to the 221 mailbox because it's the control set. good luck.

Thats not my fastball, thats my hurry up and get by you pitch... Satchel Paige

I did not map the main number 295-1342 to a target line so i will do that.

I have 20 users and 32 extensions. I have 20 DID numbers that are mapped to existing extensions (222-242) and these work fine.

so, i need to pick out an unused extension (243-253) and map 295-1342 to one of those extensions other than 221. After I map the extension, how do i get the AA to pick up that extension?

X221 is where the receptionists is sitting

in order for the AA to pick up, you must tell it to answer the target line number, not the line number..

if your aa answers the line number it answers all calls that come in on that line. any call that comes in on the line number will be answered, regaurdless of digits received. If you have some numbers that you don't want answered by the AA, you will have to build target lines and make sure the correct ones are answered by the AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back