Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!! AIX 5.2 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastikool

MIS
Aug 10, 2006
US
I installed AIX 5.2 on one machine and want to bring up to date, how do I check what updates are availble. other word list of updates and maintanace for AIX 5.2...many thanks.

rmgbelgium, I thought AIX ML packages(even with their new scheme of TL and SP) were all cumulative. So the TL9 would contain all the updates from 5200-00 through 5200-08. On IBM's download site you can select 5200-00 as your current oslevel.

Thanks all for your help, I was able to download the fixes but when I install from OSleve 04 to jump to 08 it only installed upto level 06? was it too big jump from 04-08 thats why it didn't installed? I need help? What to do to get to leve 08. many thanks...

run the command oslevel -rq this will give you a list of known Recommended Maintenance Levels. Then run the command oslevel -rl 5200-08 it will tell you what fix is holding you at 5200-06.
I updated my system from 5200-04 to 5200-08 in one shot. Going to 5200-09 have 1 file holding me to 5200-08. Hope this helps you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back