Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

*HELP* Adding Device to SIP in Digium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2013
US
Hello all,
I was just tasked with adding a sip device to our asterisk digium server. THe device I need to add is a Helios ip 2n intercom. I am a complete asterisk/digium noob. I am the site avaya administrator here and I have no idea where to begin with this.

Our asterisk server is only doing one thing, it is using a push to talk feature on some of our ascom phones. I know it is completely under utilized. We were going to add the device sip to our Avaya sip, but we cannot afford a new avaya sip session manager.

So I need this Helios 2n device to integrate to our asterisk sip server. Once I can get it to do that, I need to configure the device itself to dial a number when a button is pressed. I am not sure where to behin, any help would be appreciated thank you kindly..

P.S This is attached to hospital and is in a critical area that is opening in less than 2 weeks, if the device is not functioning we cannot open the area. Money is tight so my support options are limited.

UPDATE

I configured the helios sip device to contact the call server, and I see the device in the asterisk logs, but it says
Registration from '"ED Loading Dock" <sip:4598@10.1.30.16>' failed for '10.1.10.153' - No matching peer found

I beleive I need to add something to the sip.conf file to get it to register, but I am having difficulty finding what I need to add. Any suggestions?

In the Helios or whatever device,
username or extension
Password
IP address of Asterisk/registration server

In asterisk,

sip.conf or sip_additional.conf

[4598]
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
secret=password
dtmfmode=rfc2833
canreinvite=no
context=from-internal
host=dynamic
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=no
type=friend
nat=no
port=5060
qualify=yes
qualifyfreq=60
transport=udp
encryption=no
callgroup=
pickupgroup=
dial=SIP/4598
mailbox=4598@device
permit=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
callerid=Helios <4598>
callcounter=yes
faxdetect=no
cc_monitor_policy=generic

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

Ooops, leave mailbox= blank

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

ok , I was able to get it to register, but I think now I need to somehow add it to the asterisk gateway routing paths to get to our avaya system, I think that is a whole new can of worms, I might have to get a asterisk vendor involved. But thank you for your help, I was able to get it registered and communicating with your instruction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back