Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP! Access and SQL 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello. I have just started using Microsoft Access as a front end for Microsoft SQL 7.0 and am having some pretty poor results...<br>
I set up a table in SQL 7.0 called computerinfo with the fields Computer Name,Operating System,Make/Model (etc... etc..)<br>
I made a link to the table in Microsoft Access 97, and then created a form based on this link. The problem is, when I fill out the data on the form, after I go to the next record the data entered in SOME fields just disappears. Also, when I go into SQL enterprise manager and look at the table, everyhting seems good... when I go back to Access every other table has #DELETED in all the fields.<br>
PLEASE! Help me! I am going crazy with this! What am I doing wrong?<br>

Is it possible that access is not commiting the changes? Id so how do I force it to do so?

I'm using SQL 6.5 and having the same trouble with Access from time to time. I've been able to correct it (temporarily) by re-linking to the SQL Tables..... It seems like every few weeks, the link becomes corrupted and I have to link again. You may also want to make sure you have the proper driver installed on your odbc connection. <br>
<br>
-Doug

I would suggest to check your sql in debug mode. Run your code up to the point where you have the full SQL string with values. Print this to the debug window and copy and paste to your SQ Server 7 isql window and run from there to see if your SQL is flawed (data type conversion errors etc).<br>
<br>
I have noticed when front ending SQL server with access, on occasion it can't handle the errors.<br>
<br>
Hope this is of some use.

Thank you calahans, I will do this, and see what's what. I beleive this has to be the answer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back