Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help- 2 users can log in at same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gzk2010

Programmer
Aug 17, 2010
US
Ok, vs2010 web app project. Obviously, I need a web page or message that checks user's/role's permissions to directories and simply tells redirects them to a page saying they are no authorized.
1. Can someone tell me how. I am using vs2010 built in membership,role,provider system that redirects a user to the login page if they have no access to a directory they try to nav to. but it is wonky since it will prompt this if someone with less access is already logged in.

2. Maybe also a simple script that makes menu items disabled or dissapear if they cannot access the directory the menu item navigates them to anyway.

3. Or a simple pop up message box that says You are not authorized to view this page and returns them to current page

I would like to be able to do all 3 methods so I have some choices, but most interested in hiding menu items that navigate the user to another page in a restricted directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back