Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP - 2.0 CP 201i has a dead hardrive !! 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

M1north

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2007
CA
OK, When the CP boots it comes up and says it sees the hard drive but cant boot and loads the boot rom screen. I beleive the hard drive to be completely dead.

Questions:

1. It has a 30 GIG IDE 133 Hard drive, can I go get an off the shelf 80 GIG IDE and use it?

2. Software is 2.0 (2.01.26.07) and I cant find the disks. Can I reload using the 2.02 disks?

Any help is greatly appreciated....

Thx

Update:

Found the 2.0 disks, reloaded software on a new hard drive (off the shelf IDE), backup wont work...keep getting not a pilot backup tape error...so now its time to program 100 mailboxes tomorrow. Fun stuff!

Lesson learned - make sure your backup tape works and make sure you have your software + key codes ready for a disaster like this.

For future reference use a bit of freeware called DRIVEXML and clone the entire call pilot drive! you can even schedule it to run weekly or monthly if you have a large system. If a drive fails you can put in ANY size drive and drop the clone back on it. There are bootable versions of DRIVEXML to restore, or you can use one of thoes IDE/SATA to usb jobbies to restore the drive at your desk. DriveXML will also save hot clone with out taking down your call pilot, and you can save the clone over the network! Cool stuff.

Actually, I think 2.02 shows in places on the server as 2.01.26.

Thanks for the replies. The version that was installed originally was 2.0, the version I re-installed was 2.0, the version showing on the key code sheet says 2.02.

Is it possible that a 2.02 key code would work on the older 2.0 software or could the Nortel Keycode sheet be incorrect?

I want to update to 2.02 but I dont want to go through all this to find out it wont work...

If you have not already run config wizard you can load 2.02, or 2.01.27 and put in your 2.0 keycodes and it will work. Just did this, all of last week.

Just a note:

1. You cannot take a Call Pilot 2.0 backup and restore it to a 2.02 system. It will not only fail, but will hose your WinNT Server application

2. You can take any Call Pilot and put in Any system as they are no longer tied to the System ID of the PBX.

this is funny because we just spent last week rebuilding a Call Pilot 2.0 system.

John

Thanks, so can I now upgrade to 2.02 without losing any data and using the same keycode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back