Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello, The following codes are n

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdu94

Programmer
Aug 15, 2001
US
Hello,

The following codes are not work for access2000.

No "FindFirst" in access200?? Please help me out.

Thanks
Jeannia

Private Sub Combo18_AfterUpdate()

Dim rs As Recordset
'Dim rs As Object
Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
'rs.FindFirst "[MC_NUM] =" & Me!Combo18
rs.FindFirst "[MC_NUM] = " & Str(Me!Combo18)
Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark

End Sub

Dear Jeannia

You should fully qualify your recordset telling access if it is a DAO or ADO recordset

Dim rs As DAO.Recordset

the ado.recordset has no findfirst method

regards Astrid

To futher confound, confuse and exasperate; "Find *" is never necessary, as it is just a lazy shortcut to a (relatively) simple query.
So, just write the appropiate query and use it instead.

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

HI,Sawatzky

There is no DAO in access2000.

Dear Jeannia,

it is there
but you have to set the references in VBE menu extras / references (in German Verweise)
to microsoft DAO x.xx objects.

HTH
regards Astrid

Hi, Sawatzky,

This small question still not solve, I didn't find this kind of reference. Can you make clear step for me? I don't want to waste time for it.

By the way, for MichaelRed suggestion, I did this before, but this query only select one time, thus I couldn't add new info. in the form(such as, add new button, previous button, next button are not work) after I make selection from Combox.

Thanks, again.
Jeannia

dear Jeannia,

ok this is a bit hard as I have the German version, but I 'll do my very best.

you make the VB- environment the top window . in its menu there should be an item extras.
in the dropdown menu you find an item which should be called references or something like that, when you click on it a window pops open. there you use the scrollbar to find the entry microsoft DAO 3.6 object library.
then you click the checkbox and everything should be ok.

If it really is not there, which I can merely believe, try to find the file dao350.dll or dao360.dll which are the actual library files for dao 3.5 resp. dao 3.6.

if you have located them, you go back into the window being popped-up. there you click 'search?' and then you go through the path until you find the described files. then you open them. and then you can set the reference as described before.

One word why i am so sure about the DAO Library. the recordsets given by Access are still Dao recordsets so access itself needs these libraries.

HTH

regards Astrid

dear Jeannia,

you'll have to find where the file dao360.dll is located and then go to the tools menu in the vba editor! select references and then click browse, and then go get the dao360.dll file where he is! however when you qualify the recerdset and database you must put the prefix "dao." like this:
dim db as dao.database
dim rs as dao.recordset

the rest of the code is similar! i hope this solves your problem! it's how i solved it when i had the same problem!

good luck Jeannia! kisses!

Skep :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back