Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello NOOB here 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phonedude64

Vendor
Nov 25, 2008
US
I just inherited a site with Symposium, and I need to change the script for the Help desk Q to be CLOSED Thursday and Friday as well as close on WEDS at 5PM. I am attaching the script presently in SCRIPTING, please help, I am pulling my hair out!! TIA! JR

SECTION it_help

/*MONDAY THRU THURSDAY 08:00-22:00 FRIDAY 8:00-17:00*/
IF (DAY OF WEEK = it_help_desk_dow_mon_thur_gv) AND (TIME
OF DAY = it_help_desk_tod_mon_thurs_gv )
OR (DAY OF WEEK = it_help_desk_dow_fri_gv) AND (TIME
OF DAY = it_help_desk_tod_fri_gv )

/*This is for 8/16&8/17 move-in weekend delete on 8/18*/
OR (DATE = move_in_weekend ) AND (TIME
OF DAY = it_help_desk_tod_sat_sun_gv )

THEN
GIVE RINGBACK

OPEN VOICE SESSION
PLAY PROMPT VOICE SEGMENT webcat_5_10
COLLECT 1 DIGITS INTO xfr_to_presidium_2
INTER DIGIT TIMER 4
END VOICE SESSION

/*OPT 1 TRANSFERS CALL TO 1-866-374-8144 OPT 2 TRANSFERS TO SKILLSET*/
WHERE xfr_to_presidium_2 EQUALS
VALUE 1 : ROUTE CALL 7777
VALUE 9 : EXECUTE it_help_initial
END WHERE

ELSE
GIVE RINGBACK
EXECUTE closed_section

SECTION it_help_initial
IF NOT LOGGED OUT AGENT 7487911 THEN
GIVE RAN 12
DISCONNECT
END IF

IF NOT LOGGED OUT AGENT 7487411 THEN
GIVE RAN 13
END IF

IF OUT OF SERVICE it_help_gv THEN
GIVE RINGBACK
EXECUTE closed_section
ELSE
QUEUE TO SKILLSET it_help_gv WITH PRIORITY 3
WAIT 2

GIVE RAN 10
END IF

GIVE MUSIC 20

WAIT it_help_wait_timer_gv

EXECUTE it_help_wait

SECTION it_help_wait

IF NOT LOGGED OUT AGENT 7487911 THEN
GIVE RAN 12
END IF

IF NOT LOGGED OUT AGENT 7487411 THEN
GIVE RAN 13
END IF

IF NOT QUEUED THEN
IF OUT OF SERVICE it_help_gv THEN
GIVE RINGBACK

EXECUTE closed_section

SECTION closed_section

OPEN VOICE SESSION
PLAY PROMPT VOICE SEGMENT webcat_opt_out
COLLECT 1 DIGITS INTO xfr_to_presidium
INTER DIGIT TIMER 4
END VOICE SESSION

WHERE xfr_to_presidium EQUALS
VALUE 1 : ROUTE CALL 7777
VALUE 2 : ROUTE CALL 7758
VALUE 9 : ROUTE CALL 7758
END WHERE

ELSE
QUEUE TO SKILLSET it_help_gv WITH PRIORITY 3
WAIT 2
END IF
END IF
END IF
GIVE RAN 11

GIVE MUSIC 20

WAIT it_help_wait_timer_gv

EXECUTE it_help_wait

This section indicates that your business hours are set up in a global variable list (the name wasn't set up very generic, so it may not match the actual entries, but note the "_gv" at the end of the variable name).
Code:
 /*MONDAY THRU THURSDAY 08:00-22:00 FRIDAY 8:00-17:00*/
IF (DAY OF WEEK = it_help_desk_dow_mon_thur_gv)  AND (TIME
  OF DAY = it_help_desk_tod_mon_thurs_gv  ) 
OR (DAY OF WEEK = it_help_desk_dow_fri_gv) AND (TIME
     OF DAY = it_help_desk_tod_fri_gv )

Check in your variables table in the Scripting section and you should see the entries that you'll need to modify... According to the script, if the day of week or time of day falls within the items in those four variables, then the script will continue processing.

You won't need to edit the script at all for the time/day changes -- however, looking at the code, it looks like this section should have been deleted already (along with the associated variables possibly)... If you do remove this section, you'll have to re-activate the script.
Code:
   /*This is for 8/16&8/17 move-in weekend delete on 8/18*/
OR (DATE  = move_in_weekend )  AND (TIME
  OF DAY = it_help_desk_tod_sat_sun_gv  )

Thank you very muh for the response, but I am greener than green, can you be more specific as to what I need to do to make this happen? Thanks...JR

OK, so go to the Scripting component, then look on the system tree on the left hand side. Expand your server and you'll see a Script Variables folder. Then, expand the folder that contains the type of variable you want to edit, for example, your first variable is
Code:
 DAY OF WEEK = it_help_desk_dow_mon_thur_gv
so look at the DAY folder and look for a variable named "it_help_desk_dow_mon_thur_gv".

Select that variable, then look at the Attribut tab and you'll see the list of values. Your script will look here to determine if your helpdesk is open. You can set the new values here.

Does that help?

sort of clear...so if I want the Q to be CLOSED WEDS at 5 pm and CLOSED Thursday and Friday, do I add it from the ATTRIBUTES tab or delete it, and is it the same procedure for changing it back again?

another Q? Should I just add a new ATTRIBUTE or script for the holiday as another option? Sorry for the ignorant questions...

I was told Thursday and Friday should follow the WEEKEND schedule, and Weds should follow the already built out Friday sched. does that make sense?

Is this just for this week/holiday? If so, there's a better way to go about this...

if it's an ongoing change, is this how they currently look?

DAY Variables:
it_help_desk_dow_mon_thur_gv = Monday - Thursday
it_help_desk_dow_fri_gv = Friday

TIME Variables:
it_help_desk_tod_mon_thurs_gv = 8am to 10pm
it_help_desk_tod_fri_gv = 8am to 5pm

If so, it sounds like this is what you're wanting to change it to:

DAY Variables:
it_help_desk_dow_mon_thur_gv = Monday - Tuesday
it_help_desk_dow_fri_gv = Wednesday

TIME Variables:
it_help_desk_tod_mon_thurs_gv = 8am to 10pm
it_help_desk_tod_fri_gv = 8am to 5pm

Of course, because of the way they're named and documented in the system, you may just want to build new variables and replace the ones in the script with them (along with the comments, marked inside /* and */. Be sure to name them appropriately, with _gv at the end... to keep similar naming conventions, you may want to name it it_help_desk_dow_sch1_gv (schedule 1) and it_help_desk_dow_sch2_gv (schedule 2).

Yes, this is just for the holiday this week... I appreciate your assistance TREMENDOUSLY!

I am not to clear what you mean here... would you recommend a NEW temporary script for this week, if so how should it be built?

OK, let's back up then... check your master script and make sure there's not any references to holiday schedules there. If not, then there are several ways to accomplish this -- the simplest would be to add this at the top of the IT section of your script:

/* check for Thanksgiving holiday */
IF DATE = NOV 26 AND TIME OF TIME OF DAY <> 8:00..17:00 THEN
EXECUTE closed_section
END IF

IF DATE = NOV 27, NOV 28 THEN
EXECUTE closed_section
END IF

OK I looked at the MAIN script of which I pasted here in my first post. I see nothing re:HOLIDAY SCHEDULES.

So I should just copy and paste this to the very top of the script, and it will adjust for WEDS, THURS, and Friday?

If you are comfortable with it, then yes, you would post this at the top of your IT section... what the code is saying is, if the date is november 26 and it's not between the hours of 8 and 5pm, then go to the closed section. If the date is november 27 or november 28, then go to the closed section. Is that what you want to happen? Just be sure to remove it before next year! :)

OK yes according to the Help desk, they want it CLOSED for those dates and hours... is there anyway to test before I implement? I can save this as a Word file to re-paste if need be right? Thanks a million for the assist!

There's not really a way to test it without changing the parameters to today and since it's a live system, I wouldn't recommend that... just make sure the time/date is correct on the server. If you want to be sure it's recognizing the date/time, you could test with this code

Code:
/* test routing on date/caller ID
 - just change n's to your caller ID or extension */

IF DATE = NOV 25 AND CLID = nnnnnnnnnn THEN 
    EXECUTE closed_section
END IF

You could call the CDN and when it checks today's date and your caller ID, it should route you to the closed section. Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving!

Here's another take on oceanSD's idea:

IF CLID = my phone# THEN
IF DATE = NOV 25 and TIME OF DAY > 17:00 THEN
EXECUTE closed_section
END IF

IF (DATE = NOV 26) OR (DATE = NOV 27) THEN
EXECUTE closed_section
END IF

You can adjust the dates or time to when you are making the test calls.

good catch, Miles!

Phonedude - did that work out for you over the holiday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back