Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello My company uses Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngtri

Programmer
Dec 7, 2004
NO
Hello

My company uses Antivirus Norman and is going to use Symantec Endpoint Protection and Management.
I downloaded the 60 days trial Symantec Endpoint Protection and Management.

Everything works fine so fare, but the Group Policy Setting for the public PCs did not work.

The Group Policy Setting for the public PCs: internet access to only 5 websites or IPs are listed under the outgoing firewall

This GP setting works fine with Antivirus Norman and did not work with Symantec Endpoint Protection
After installing the Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client version 12.1.1101.401 and the Group Policy setting did not apply on the public PCs. Why?

After uninstalling the Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client version 12.1.1101.401 and the Group Policy setting applied on the public PCs. Why?

It seems to me that the Symantec Endpoint Protection Policy overwrites the GP setting

Please tell me how to solve the problem?

Thanks

Best regards

Tri

other words:

The public PCs can access all websites after installing the Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP) client version 12.1.1101.401

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back