Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello! Im usually into photoshop,

Status
Not open for further replies.

chupacabra666

Technical User
Dec 5, 2003
SE
Hello!
Im usually into photoshop, but now im learning adobe illustrator, just wanted to ask for some tips...
If I want to make a text fit into a "box", like the top part of the harley davidson logo, how would you do?
Thank you!

Hi. Create your text. Then draw out the shape you want your text to end up being (make sure this object is above the text in the stacking order). Select both objects then go to Object>Envelope Distort>Make with top object.

Is that feature only on Illustrator 10? I'm on 9 on Mac and I can't find that feature.

an even easier way...

1.) draw the shape you want your textbox to be using the pen tool.
2.) copy your text.
3.) select the text area tool in your toolbar. (under the T.)
4.) click on the pen's path you just created.
5.) paste you text.

voila!

Possibly only 10 and CS jung, it's been a long time since I used 9 so I can't remember.

DGTL what you have described does not actually distort the shape of the text, it only defines an area for 'normal' text to be placed into. From what I can gather chup wants to do this:

motor.gif

In which case you need to either use an envelope distort or create outlines from the type and tweak it manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back