Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello, I am building a website

Status
Not open for further replies.

noslo

Programmer
Dec 10, 2001
US
Hello,

I am building a website with an order form for new customers. I have established the SQL database connection, selected the table, linked the fields on the form to the table. I have entered a few temporary records to test and the table is empty. What else can I check to remedy the problem?

Thanks,
Helen

I think there is a bug in FPs Database Results in that a field with a NULL value will result in not seeing that entire record in your search results. For this reason, among others, I personally now do all my database interfaces as raw .ASP code rather than using FPs Wizards. Tho I still happily use FP for publishing so I can keep things neat.

A workaround can be entering a . in empty fields. Or creating an Update Query in your database that searches for NULL and replaces it with "".

Now that I'm using raw code I have none of the issues that I previously had, including the NULL value issue.

Reply if you have/need more info.

Dave B [idea]
Flashspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back