Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello ,foru8m. I have a question: M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex16

Technical User
Sep 9, 2002
CA
Hello ,foru8m. I have a question: My boss needs to test this program on a test PC, each time the program has to be installed on a fresh windows 2000 Pro installation with SP4 and IE6.0SP1 pre-installed. Each test takes about 2-3 hours and then he needs another fresh windows install. For that purpose we decided to put two HDs and keep the fresh copy of windows on a second HD so whenever he needs a fresh windows installation we boot the second HD?----here is my question: I need to find a way to copy windows installation on a second HD so when the first one is used I can simply boot the second HD at the same time making a copy of it to the first HD ---whenever its used I can boot from the first.
xcopy did not work for me. When I try to boot the just made HD I have missing files or misconfigured settings. Modifying boot.ini does not help.

Pl;ease, if anyone knows quick solutin to this. T^hanks

Why not just use something like Norton Ghost (and keep the partition as small as possible so cloning back wouldn't take as much time)? It's not an expensive program and can pay for its usefulness pretty darn quick.

Another suggestion might be something like Partition Magic which can in essence, do the same thing.

There might even be some quality freeware programs out there, though I am not familiar with any because I use Ghost and Partition Magic exclusively!

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back