Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello All, Note indicates multiple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kofstar

Technical User
Jun 8, 2020
AU
Hello All, Note indicates multiple primary cancers not metastases. So basically if the field has multiple primaries for the patient I'm suppose to denote it by either Y or N:

Cancer with Multiple Primary Sites Flag (EDW) 1.0
N Cancer does not have multiple primary sites
Y Cancer has multiple primary sites

The field I'm trying to pull can be one or more of this values (cancers):
1 = Primary
2 = Related
4 = Restage
5 = Recurerent
6 = Residual
7 = Non-Cancer

Sometimes a patient can have multiple primary cancers. How do I denote it by Y. Trying to use duplicates but not getting far. Any help would be appreciated.

Kofstar

If you place the field in the detail section, how does it display? Does it have multiple values in one row per patient, e.g.,: 1,2,4 and if so, how are the values separated? Or instead, with a group on patient, would it display like this:

Also, which of the 7 values in your list count as "primary"? Or do you just need to see if 1 is indicated, along with one or more other values, regardless of other values that might apply?

-LB

Hi Ibass,
I'm not sure I'm explaining myself well. Yes it does display multiple values when i place it in detail section but I'm able to filter by using the previous function.

The value 1 counts as primary. I need a a separate field to denote Y (yes) or N (no) if the patient has multiple primaries (1) i.e. 1 is more than once. Current they may have a primary (1) and another diagnosis say 2 - related cancer.

Many thanks

Kofi

So basically if you have duplicates, how can you create a formula and place in detail section with say a letter or word to denote it's a duplicate but still hide the duplicates?

Thanks so much

Assuming you have a group on person, you can do the following.

//{@has1}:
If {table.field}=1 then 1

Then create a second formula for the group header:

If sum{{@has1},{table.person})>1 then "Y" else "N"

I'm wondering why you seem to be suppressing records using the Previous function. If you are suppressing duplicates (where there might be multiple 1s when only 1 1 should appear, then this solution would not work properly, so please clarify whether you have duplicate values (because of record inflation) or ONLY multiples of 1 that are valid separate instances of the field.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back