Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello all, I investing the possibility of changing our approach to

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlThor

Programmer
Apr 3, 2000
IL
Hello all, <br><br>I investing the possibility of changing our approach to N-Tier. <br><br>I tried to make a trial project using DCOM, but was not successful. <br><br>On the server, I tried to create an instance of the class on the client and recieved the error of COGETOBJECT failed,<br>Server Execution Error. <br><br>On the client, I tried to use the CreateObject function the create an instance through the server and I got an automation error. The communication between the two is fine, ping, telnet work. <br><br>When I try to create a local instance of the ActiveX EXE on both the server and on the client. I succeed.<br><br>Any help would be appreciated.<br><br>Thank you in advance.<br><br>Ed

Hi there<br><br>Info from a previous thread that you might find of interest..<br><br>--snip--<br>Check out MSDN web site - <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> is a HOWTO having the ID Q161837 which shows U how to create a (relatively simple) DCOM Client/Server Application.<br><br>You could also use the Duwamish sample, also listed on MSDN (just use the Duwamish keyword to search). Although it doesn't refer to DCOM Client/Server apps, it might be useful for understanding the concept of tiered apps, which in your case definitely is a MUST. <br>--snip--<br> <p>Mike Lacey<br><a href=mailto:Mike_Lacey@Cargill.Com>Mike_Lacey@Cargill.Com</a><br><a href= Cargill's Corporate Web Site</a><br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back