Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello all I am having a problem w

Status
Not open for further replies.

neil2grow

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2003
US
Hello all
I am having a problem with the date format .I need to generate reports with date format mm/dd/yyyy using cognos impromptu.Impromptu does not seem to have a facility for this date format.Do anyone know how this format can be achieved.
Thanks in advance
Neil

Hi

Just right click on the column and specify as 'mm/dd/yyyy' and it will give you the desired results.

neil,

To clarify, when you get the list of date format options, you can overwrite or change them. If the date is a date-time, you will get the option 'mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm::ss. Select this and click into the format and delete the hh:mm:ss portion of the format.

Regards,

Dave Griffin

The Decision Support Group
Reporting Consulting with Cognos BI Tools
"Magic with Data"
[pc2]
Want good answers? Read FAQ401-2487 first!

Hi Neil
to Clarify, Can u give the detail information?

U retreiving Data (ie.date) from Database, how it is storing in Database?? and Waht is the Datatype of that field?

If it is storing in the database as number format, U have to convert that into Date Field using number_to_date function and set the format.

Hope this works.

Regards

Macintosh

Thanks
kenzolia,dave griffin,mac
Happy holidays and wish yu all a very happy new year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back