Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELLLLP...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirLars

Technical User
Oct 24, 2000
CA
ok

this should be a simple project.. but it has become so frustrating as i am not familiar with macintosh computers..

i have been using a PC for a few years on the internet
and was using a dialup to access the internet
i wanted a laptop and wanted to access the internet with it as well... so i got a G3 233 laptop running MAC OS 9.1 and a skyline 802 11MB wireless card, an airport base station and a wireless network card for my pc..
i am trying to set up the "network" to share the internet connection and let the built in modem on the airport to connect to the dial-up when it's needed...

THE PROBLEM.. i cannot for the life of me get the airport to dial up to the internet...

i have followed the instructions with both the airport and the skyline documentation.. but cannot get the airport to dial out...

the farralon wireless configuration shows FULL connection
and i followed all the directions EXCEPT the airport configuration won't recognize the skyline card... so i don't think it has sent the ISP connection settings to the airport and i have NO idea how to do it..

someone please help..

Have you got the air port extention enabled or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back