Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Held calls being lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunelson

MIS
Sep 29, 2004
US
I just set up a new call flow at one of the sites I administer. One of the features is an auto attendant that, when a number is pushed, goes to an assisted transfer to a number; no answer or busy does an assisted transfer to another number. If that one is not answered or busy, it transfers into a queue so callers start hearing queue messages.

My problem is with the assisted transfer function, I think; the assisted transfer goes to an extension, and if that person then answers and hits hold, the call disappears as far as they're concerned. Call status shows the call being held for that user, and the person calling in hears MOH. However, from the IPO extension, no call appearance buttons are lit and the call can't be picked back up.

Thanks for any help.

Assisted transfer is no good.
Avaya promise a fix in next build.

Workaround:
Transfer to a group wich has the voicemail on queueing after 999 secs, after time-out the caller goes back to the entry point of that group.
Do a transfer to another group with Voicemail on etc. The last transfer goes to a group without voicenail but also with queueing enebled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back