Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hel with a norstar and a nam 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

markdevoll

Vendor
Nov 14, 2002
US
i am connecting a nam to a dr5 norstar. i connected it to a port so it is ext 24. when i dial 24 it ask me to login. when i do feat 891, 893 and 985 it says feat inactive. how do i activate these features.

do you know if the systems are of compatible sw version and working?

Try feature 9*1 = looks at feature code range.
Or try feature 903 = sets feature code range. Usually feature 980 - 989.

both feat 981 and 901 are inactive.
software version is 30nse02 dr5

Where these two systems ever working together? You say you call port 24 and the vm answers. I am assuming you are dialing intercom 24 or intercom 244. If you do that and the vm answers with a Log: this means that you need to check the feature code range or set the feature code range, as mentioned. Once the feature code range is set usually 980-989. You need to configure by using feature 983 and password and follow the prompts( same password that gets you into tel. system config. programming )

As also mentioned maybe another reset and be patient.

When ever I have run into this situation and intercom the first port and it answers, Log: I have always been able to bring the system back using the above procedure. Good luck.

Extract from the compatibility note for NAM

Note 2: Minimum release of 6X16 (NT5B10CF Rls 02 E/F, NT5B10DF Rls 02 E/S), 6X16 DS (NT5B10CE Rls 04 E/F, NT5B10DE Rls 04 E/S),

Now to reask some of the questions
1. Do you know the version of the NAM - is that functional?
2. Were they ever working together or is it a new install?
3. Does the Norstar see the NAM (under maint)
4. Can you do a xftest and see what codes are active - delete inactive ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back