Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Height of cell/table way too large, help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aishaa

Technical User
Apr 12, 2001
CA
Hi - I keep trying to make the height of a table shorter, but it just won't budge.

I tried right-clicking the table, going to "table properties" and "cell properties" and removing the checkmarks in the "specify height and width" boxes, but to no avail.

What am I doing wrong?

TIA
Aishaa

If you look at the HTML code you will have a height defined in the <Table> tag you can define your table height there(<Table height=&quot;500&quot;> you can change the height to whatever you like). If you have cells within the table you may have height defined there also. Keep in mind that whatever you have within the cells of the table, if it is larger than the table height it will make the table stretch to the size of the cell. This includes <BR> (breaks)

What Cirrus9 said is true, but you also must look at &quot;splitting&quot; cells. If you've split your left cells to make more rows than your right cells then the right cells will be (TALLER) than your left cells. The only way I've been able to fix the height problem is to drag the bottom cell larger than the rest, or split the bottom cell and make it the largest, this compacts the upper cells so everything looks better. Let me know if this helps.

David Parker

David Parker
TPA Web Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back