Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hearing voicemail messages remotely form home 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackie1983

Programmer
Nov 17, 2012
One of our new customers is having Avaya IPO500V2 and are using VMPro. The General manager needs to hear the messages in his voice mailbox from a remote location such as his home or from any telephone outside of the company. How is it possible. Is there any way to do it?

I'm using the email option, and love it.

I take it you're not posting that question because you don't know how to show the customer how to check vmail remotely, right?

Does the GM have a direct number? If so (and vmpro is set to Intuity Mode), have him/her call their direct line, once their voicemail answers, press *7. They will be prompted for their extension and password (voicemail password must be set for remote access).

@telecomboy

No he doesn't have a direct number.They have around 8 CO lines. If he is pressing *7,then he has to wait a long way to hear all the ringing right...is there any way to directly get in to the mailbox without any ringing?

You could use a breakout option in VMPro for the main number (that must be routed through VMPro though) and then an action to go to the right mailbox.

This not that hard to program.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

You could address his call (filtered by CLI) to "voicemail".
Then add its number(s) on the source code tab (V12345678): He will not be asked to specify the mailbox password

What's with the crazy solutions

Every install I do I set a breakout in the main AA as tipeter described

ddcommllc.com
Avaya/Toshiba/Nortel

ACIS

If all the users has to retrieve messages in VMPro remotely from their homes, could you please tell me how it can be done without waiting for the all the ringing? Should any short code or ICR has to be declared in ipo 500v2 admin software

You could always set up their voicemail to call their home/cell number when a new message is received....

If you are using an AA just define a keypress for *17. I use the * key. Then they are prompted for extension and password. You'll ned to have a passcode for any extension you wish to retrieve VM from an external source.

Just set a DDI on the ICR to VoiceMail. Dial it enter mailbox and passcode and listen to messages.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back