Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

heard privacy notice , finishing recording the phone rings with the new call. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HdzAlfonso

IS-IT--Management
Aug 25, 2016
MX

Hello I hope you can help me, The end customer requires when they dial your business and will make a specific extention before the user sound recording is heard privacy notice , finishing recording the phone rings with the new call.

I think you want a message played when the caller rings into the business and then transfer to an extn

Your call will need to go through an AutoAttendant first to play the privacy message then transfer to the group or extn. Using dial by extn.

If you are using voicemail pro then you can set
up a start position and record your privacy message followed by transfer to extn

I hope this helps.

Rather than one long sentence state it as several separate steps (1, 2, 3, ...). Then despite translation errors the intended operation may be easier to understand.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Hi, thanks for the comments.

Sorry for translation.

What you tell me is right.

This should be for a group of users.

1. when dialing into the office.

2. 01800123XXXX enters the auto attendant.

3. If you know the extension number dial it now .

4. When the extension " 4407 " is dialed.

5. Privacy Notice.

6. Answer call .

Thanks for the help

two options:

1. leave "play advice of call recording" ON in VM Pro... any call that is recorded will automatically hear a warning that the call is being recorded (but caller and on-system user).

2. Turn the above off, create a generic action BEFORE the AA in VM Pro, put privacy warning there, telling all callers that calls may be recorded, then send them to the AA. This assumes that the AA is set to allow Prompts to be interrupted by tones (under entry prompts tab).

3. Put privacy warning as part of AA recording, and turn OFF "allow prompts to be interrupted by tones".

Key is that the caller needs to heard the greeting.

GB

Its the default that for any extension where you enable call recording then the caller will hear the default "Your call is being recorded..." message. Just need to enable the User | Voice Recording options within IP Office Manager.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

you should also be able to add the privacy warning as a greeting in the transfer action. or insert a generic action between the request for extn number & the transfer.

there are numerous ways for you to achieve our goal

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back