Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hear ringing tone when call a handset SL5 run out battery in OpenScape Cordless v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

qqweqwe

Technical User
Jul 7, 2021
VN
We have a OpenScape 4000 V8 with solution OpenScape Cordless V7 and some handset Sl5 registered on system.
When I switch off the handset Sl5 with the power-off button, and make a call to this handset I hear busy tone.
But when the handset SL5 battery runout or pull out the handset without switch off by button, I hear ringing tone when make a call to this handset like the handset working normal.
So the user don't know the handset working normal or runout battery or lost signal.
Any body help me to fix this.
Many thanks

From experience, this happens on v5-v10 at least if not all on all DECT models.
When switched off by the button the handset will show as TRS
However, if the battery goes flat or is lost it will stay READY.

Yes this is normal behaviour. You switch the handset off, it makes a deregister. You take the battery out or move out of range, that doesn’t happen. You hear ringing while the 4K searches for the handset.

You should configure an SDAT STNOOS, a call forward, or configure the announcement number in CAT, all of which would reroute the number when it fails to find the handset.

Thank you all, for sharing yours experience.
I add an ext. for Announcement in CAT for this situation, but with 26-255 seconds is too long for wait. Temporary is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back