Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Healthy (At Risk) disk on Sony FSV-M1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammertime

Technical User
Jan 20, 2003
GB
Some advice here would be appreciated!

I have been running a Sony Storstation FSV-M1 for about 6 months now on Win2000 server when the status monitor kept reporting bad sector errors. I ran a chkdsk which reported 4 bad clusters (16kb in bad sectors) and now disk manager reports that the drive is now healthy but at risk - I get no more errors from the status monitor on the webadmin site for it. Called Sony and there telling me that they have to replace the whole server as part of the warranty agreement which I don't fancy doing as it's all running ok. Is it safe to keep the server running or will only more bad sectors occur? Also, would this been caused by the RAID being taken off? (I didn't set the NAS up but i'm guessing this got taken off to free up space).

Forgot to mention the sectors are on the data partition, the system part reports 'Healthy'.

Thanks,

Hammertime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back