Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

health.log messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

schweizer

MIS
Oct 1, 2002
DE
Hi
we have a custumer with NW6 SBE
ServicePack 2 installt.
NIC: DLink530 (changed)

There is a file in sys:\system\health.log .
This file is allways growing with the same message.
After 2 week the file is about 25 MB big.

Is anybody able to tell me whats going on ?

Wednesday, 11-20-2002 11:17 am
LAN Traffic on server FS01 was in a BAD State
Current Value - 0
Peak Value - 21110
Max Value - N/A
<HR NOSHADE ALIGN=RIGHT>
Wednesday, 11-20-2002 11:17 am
LAN Traffic on server FS01 has returned to the GOOD State
Current Value - 1
Peak Value - 21110
Max Value - N/A
<HR NOSHADE ALIGN=RIGHT>

Did you find a solution for that? I´ve the same problem.

Ye we have the same problem if anyone finds a solution.

cheers

It is a part of NetWare Remote Manager.

Used to view all changes in the health status of the server. Using this log combined with several of the health statistics and trend reports can be useful in diagnosing server problems.

Go to and login using full context.

You can clear the log file here.

I'm not sure if there is a way to just disable it, but I can let you know if I find a way to do so.

I use a check list when I visit my sys admin accounts. Part of it is to check and clear that health log. I don't try to disable it so if a problem comes up, I have the tools to help me figure out whats going on.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Provogeek
CNE Network+
Experience

Certified nut case

Very many thanks for that.

However do you happen to know what 'LAN Traffic on server ??? was in a BAD State' 'LAN Traffic on server ??? was in a GOOD State' means?

These lines are added to the log sometimes every second.

Thanks.

It means the threshold LAN traffic is set to is being reached. This is traffic on the network. Doesn't really mean something is BAD, so there is no need to spank the server. Just means the threshold was reached, the server let you know about it, and you look into it if needed. In many cases, you just increase the threshold if the traffic is normal.

Head up to and read up on Remote Manager. It's a kewl little tool, and it can be usless. You may want to just trun the reporting off if you donj't think you will ever use it.

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Provogeek
CNE Network+
Experience

Certified nut case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back