Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Headset question

Status
Not open for further replies.

foned00d

Programmer
Mar 24, 2005
US
I have 2 6416D+M sets and one set you must have the handset off hook for the headset to work. The other works fine with the handset in the cradle. What am I missing here?

Possibly a headset button, print and compare the two stations. It could be a telset issue, but not likely. Are you using a direct connection, or a M12LU?

They both have a headset button. One leaves it on all the time and only uses the headset. This is the one that has to remove the handset to get the call on the headset.

The other uses the headset button to pick up an incoming call but this one does not need to remove the handset, just press the headset button.

If the headset light is lit, the user just needs to press a line appearance button to get dialtone and make a call. They don't HAVE TO lift the receiver.

-CL

Do they login as agents?
This has been an issue for me before
Check the agent login auto answer type is the same for both agents

Remember there are 2 ports on the bottom of the phone, unlike the regular 6416 the M has it's own headset port...

Try that...

Thanks,
CJH

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit. ARISTOTLE 384-322 B.C.

atx,
Yes one is an ACD agetn with Auto-answer set to ACD the other is a non-agent with Auto-answer set to none, I'll try testing these options.

98converter,
They are both plugged into the handset port using an M12 amp. We don't have any HIC cords to use the headset plug. We decided to standardize and have all the phones have the same setup, instead of some use headset port and some not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back