Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Headset problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrtnastrx

Technical User
Oct 31, 2002
US
I have a few customers that have been complaining of delays when using a headset. Transferred calls from attendant or ACD will ring, get answered, but the user hears silence for 2-3 seconds before being able to speak or hear the person on the other end.
I have two customers complaining of the same problem for months. One is using 2XXX phones and one is using 3XXX phones.
Mainly Plantronics headsets M10 or M12.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes I am using exchange call center BUT I also have this problem without ACD with another customer. Transferred calls have a 3-5 seconds of silence before the caller can hear the user.

I found out from Plantronics that when the 3102 phones have the headset button active, the M10 and M12 when using battery power go into a power save mode, causing delay in operation. The solution is to provide power supplies for the units any 9VDC 200ma positive tip power supply will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back