Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Headset on Avaya IP Phone 9611G

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsv23

Systems Engineer
Feb 13, 2019
PH
Hi Guys,

We have issues with IP Phone 9611G. When we connect the plantronics headset C054A, the sound is too low. But when we increase the volume, sound is echoing.

There's no issues when connecting the headset to 1600 Series.

Hi Jon,

The IP office version is 10.0.

Any other solution?

You need to make sure the base had the correct settings for the phone and that you have the correct EHS cable for that phone.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

the issue with the 9611G is the firmware.

If you have 6.62... no problem
6.80 THIS IS THE PROBLEM
update to 6.8102 and the problem goes away.

Need to get a patch and problem sorted.
Not an headset issue

I checked the firmware and it is currently 6.8002.

The current firmware version of our IP office 10.0. I think phone firmware update are being pulled from IP office SD card?

Is it okay to upgrade the firmware of the phone without upgrading the IP office firmware?

you can just get patch for phones.

Can I upgrade the firmware to 1 phone only?

You can replace the 96x1Hupgrade.txt so that the phones will get the needed firmware.

A phone will only look for new firmware during boot. So you can just reboot one phone to upgrade it and let the users run with their current firmware.

To ensure that no other phone is updated just remove the new 96x1Hupgrade.txt again.

IP Office remote service Fixed price SIP trunk configuration: CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

Hi derfloh,

I can't see the 96x1Hupgrade.txt from the file management.

is adding the new 96x1Hupgrade.txt to the file management will pull the new firmware of the phone once phone reboot?

It's autogenerated so you will not see it. If you want to deploy a specific firmware upload the 96x1Hupgrade.txt that is delivered with the firmware.

IP Office remote service Fixed price SIP trunk configuration: CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

Hi guys,

Managed to upgrade the firmware of the phone and it resolves the sound issue.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back