Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

headers contain domain info after changing myorigin and mydomain

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRR_1

Systems Engineer
Nov 24, 2020
US
My organization uses internal.com as our internal domain name. So the Postfix relay server is serverX.internal.com. I need my mail to go out as having come from the example.com domain, e.g. serverX.example.com.

In my config file I have defined "myorigin = $mydomain" and then "mydomain = serverX.example.com".

Yet, message headers are showing on the next smtp server as:

Received: from serverX.internal.com (serverX.internal.com [#.#.#.#]) by serverY.example.com (serverY.example.com) with SMTP id E2.A9.14253.7F16DBF5; Tue, 24 Nov 2020 14:41:43 -0500 (EST)

The problem is that the mail is being labeled as SPAM because internal.com has been registered by someone else and it is on some SPAM blacklists.

How can I make sure that my mail headers show the message as coming from serverX.example.com rather than from serverX.internal.com?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back