Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Header in VMPro message using Intuity Mode 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

boaterslife

Programmer
Mar 9, 2017
US
I have an IP office server edition with VMPro. The customer is looking to remove the header from when the user listens to the message. they have confidential mailboxes that they want callers to leave a message but do not want the user to hear who it comes from or the # it comes from.

I spoke with Avaya and they said there is no way to remove the header just the ability to skip it.

I would have a look at Campaign action. Worth a play to see if it might fit the bill.

Otherwise you're probably in the realm of needing a developer who knows VBScript (if its a Windows VMPro) and could craft a call flow to playback messages. Beyond that "not knowing who the message is from" seems rather unlikely to get on the product roadmap.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

This can be done using a Generic action in Voicemail Pro.

Create a custom Leave start point for the mailbox.
From the Start Point to Generic action.
From Generic action to Leave Mail.
Edit Generic.
Specific tab:
Select Generic command = String Manipulation
Select Variable = $CLI
Select Variable For Result = $CLI
Select Operation = From Position
Number of Characters = 0
From Position Index = 1

Star for the idea. Interesting enough to try (red flag tomorrow if it doesn't work :) )

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I just made the changes to the system and waiting for the customer to test. I will update as soon as they test.

Well the customer left a message in the voicemail box and they are still able to hear the header message. In manager under the user profile I have voicemail checked. I then went into the VMPro and added a start point in users for that mailbox. I then connected the start point to a Generic action with the steps from redphone. Then I connected the generic actions to a leave mail.

Full disclosure, I tried it before from an external caller using a SIP trunk to IPO server edition in a lab environment and it appeared to work fine. I tried it again from an internal caller and it did not work.

With an addition of a second Generic action, I was able to block it for both external and internal callers. Generic action 2 manipulates the Caller ID Name. Internal callers will match the mailbox by name, so blocking the Caller ID Name prevents VMPro from locating the mailbox of the caller. The only way I found to block the name was to set the $CLI_NAME variable to the $CLI length.

Use at your own risk, I have not tested this in a production environment.

->Start Point to Generic1 action
->Generic1 action to Generic2 action
->Generic2 action to Leave Mail

Edit Generic1 (same as before)
Specific tab:
Select Variable = $CLI
Select Variable For Result = $CLI
Select Operation = From Position
Number of Characters = 0
From Position Index = 1

Edit Generic2
Specific tab:
Select Variable = $CLI
Select Variable For Result = $CLI_NAME
Select Operation = Length;All

redphone - This worked like a charm!! Thank you very much!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back