Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HEAD eleement or ScriptManager what is differenecs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bereza

Technical User
Jun 14, 2006
EU
Hi,

When I use JQuery withinn HEAD element (MasterPage) it works good but if I use it within ScriptManger it does not work and I get JScript runtime error object required.

what is difference having jquery (javascript at all) within Head element or ScriptManager??

thanks

if you don't get an answer here I would try the jquery user group on google. or ms ajax forum on asp.net.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

faq855-7190
faq732-7259

check that you referenced the jquery js file correct. Download fiddler, it'll show you what the page gets (like images, js files ...). Most likely the reference is broken.
When you reference files from the HEAD tag you are writing pure HTML, whereas when you're including it using the scriptmanager the path is parsed by the .net framework.
So when referencing the js-file from the scriptmanager use ~/JSSUBDIR/jquery.js'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back