Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HDX Scripting How To Agent ID from Call

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdixon2

Programmer
Feb 6, 2011
US
Hello,

Need assistance with a scripting problem please.
When queuing a call to a given skillset, is it possible, within the same script to capture/retrieve the AGENTID of the agent the call was queued to?

thanks!

No, if you queued the call to a skillset, you can not determin the agent id from scripting. You can, of course, get this information in reporting.

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid that would be the answer. Of coures the information [agent assignment to a call] is available "somewhere" in realtime. I was just hoping to leaverage the HDX/DIW functions to grab this information as early in the process as possible.

Hi,

Just for a discussion,

Let say we always queue the call to the longest IDLE AGENT, maybe we can grab this intrinsic information who return the agent ID, pass it through an integer variable and send it using HDX?

Like just before we send the call to the skillset, we grab the longest IDLE agent in a variable (send it to HDX along with other informations) and after we queue to skillset.

It should be a fraction of second between the two command so I don't think and agent will have the time to change Status between the two command.

So, it was just a thought, what do you think?

Sylvain Richard

"Work is like an adventure. You have to fullfill goal to progress in your journey.

Logically, yes it is a very good idea, but if I wanted to record the agent who answered the caller in a database I would have to leverage what I was going to do with the information with the credability of how I collected it. If I simply wanted to try to put callers back to the same agent every time, this would be good enough for first time callers. If I was going to use this information to prove something, then I would not feel comfortable with it, since this is really just a really intelligent guess as to what agent "should" answer the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back