Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HDS DF400 SAN Drive swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

meg12345

Programmer
Oct 19, 2007
EU
I Have an HDS DF400-rkl. Does anyone know hds san systems. HDS has dropped maintenance on this and I have two drives that are in need of replacement. Can I do this on the fly or do I need some software to talk to the box.
Thanks
Meg

Hi Meg,
you can replace the drives on the fly if the new drive is of the same type. Power must be on. Replace the drives one by one to give the controller time to recover.

kind regards
Thomas

Thomas,
One more question. I am told by SUN that I need a special program to replace a cache card. Do you know anything about this and do you have instructions on how to do this.
Megan

Normally you just have to switch off the controller and replace the cache board and switch on again. But there could be cases when you have 'pinned data', that means the data in cache could not be written to disk. In these cases a special handling is required.
Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back