Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HDD Partition encrypted by HP Protect Tools -- any whay to recover my data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iulian0101

Technical User
Jan 1, 2013
RO
Hello,

I have encrypted my hdd using HP Protect tools. Then, i had some windows problems, i used Recovery (from Windows), and then Windows7 did not boot. After that i reinstalled Windows 7 on the first partition (C), and now i can't acces my data on the "D" partition. I mention that i have the ".dat" key but i can't find any whay to recover my data.
I have read this thread: Link but is just not working for me.

Maybe is somewhone that had the same problem and can explain me step by step what i need to do.

What part isn't working? The part where you have to change the date of your computer to match that in the link so the day code provided will work?

rclarke250 ---> I have the code, i changed the date in BIOS and i have been authenticated. THat is not the problem. I did everything, i authentificated from HP key. Then i did force decrypt. I took 48 hours for a 500 GB partition. My "C" partition whas formated, so i don't have the original Windows 7 instalation. My "D" partition looks like this:
rawpartition1.png
rawpartiton2.png
rawpartition3.png

It seems that the partition "D" is "raw". I think the decryption process whent ok, but can't acces my data. In "A43 File Management Utilty" is the same, i can't acces the partition after beeing decrypted.

I know that my data is there because i used the software called "TestDisk-photorec_wn" and i could get my data out, but i have 200000 files and it changes the names of the files, and put them in some folders and they are not like they whas on the original partition. I can use some of that data, but i i don't have all the files and folders in the original state i rely can't use more than 90% of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back