Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hcon session

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 1, 2002
CA
Hi everyone!

There might be someone who can help me on this.

We are currently trying to create a backup of all our production applications on another server. Our production server can have a multiple number of HCON sessions while the other server can only accomodate one session.

I tried copying the nodelock license of our production server hoping that it will work. But when I was trying to user another session, this is the error that I get:

0789-970 The required iFOR/LS license was not found. Withoutthis license, HCON is limited to one session. Contact your IBM Representative to purchase 3270 Host Connection Program/6000 for AIX. If you have already purchased HCON, verify the license is properly installed.

Is HCON another software that I need to install in AIX? Are the commands that I need to use so as to have multiple HCON sessions?

Your help will be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
aaronkeith

looks like you are going to have to install your license on the new machine, check 'smit licenses'. but i don't know anything about HCON, so i am just assuming it uses the usual nodelock process.

IBM Certified -- AIX 4.3 Obfuscation

HCON does use the usual nodelock process. The fastpath is "smitty manage_nodelocked".

Sorry, I can't answer your original question. I inherited the HCON, nobody uses it, and nobody will authorize its removal.

I feel like the Mexican worker on Family Guy that tells Brian, "Sorry, I don't speak English. I just memorized that one sentence, plus these two explaining it."

Rod Knowlton
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert pSeries and AIX 5L

ok thanks so much for your effort to help.

Sincerely,
aaronkeith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back