Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HBITMAP issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanw001

Programmer
Sep 5, 2007
US
Im writing an sprite class and I have ran into a problem.

Code:
CopiedSprite.sImage->SpritePos.x = (SelectedSprite.sImage->SpritePos.x + 20);
CopiedSprite.sImage->SpritePos.y = (SelectedSprite.sImage->SpritePos.y + 20); 
[COLOR=red]*CopiedSprite.sImage->hBitmap = *SelectedSprite.sImage->hBitmap; [/color]
::GetObject(CopiedSprite.sImage->hBitmap, sizeof (BITMAP), &CopiedSprite.sImage->Bitmap);
CopiedSprite.sImage->hBitmap = SelectedSprite.sImage->hBitmap;
mImageRepository.push_back(CopiedSprite.sImage);

In the red bold is my problem. I need to copy the bitmap that HBITMAP points to to another HBITMAP. I tried to simply dereference both hBitmaps so that it would copy the bitmap, and it compiles, but I get a runtime issue that just kicks me out when it reaches that line.

Does the winAPI have a function or something for copying a bitmap that an hbitmap points to into another hbitmap?

Thanks

Try looking up bitblt (bit blast). I'm assuming that you have creted a device compatible bitmap and pointed the CopiedSprit.sImage->hBitmap to it.

Just so you know: the 'blt' in 'bitblt' is for 'blit' not 'blast' (and was originally short for Block Transfer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back