Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HBA Drivers/Tape Device Drivers- 7.4.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

d3h614

MIS
Aug 6, 2002
US
We have had a problem with tapes filling prematurely ever since we upgraded to Legato 7.4.4 from 7.3 (not all tapes) about 4 out of 10 nightly. Normally, when tapes fill prematurely, it's a tape driver problem. But normally, all tapes fill prematurely, not just a few. We are on a SAN with a Scalar i2K using IBM LTO3. We have changed tape device drives from 6.1.5.4 to 6.1.8.9 to 6.1.9.9 as well as many different HBA driver (Emulex) - we have always used StorPort miniport drivers but last week moved to the full port driver. We are still experiencing the same problem...some tapes fill around 50-100GB - others fill to 600-800GB..so it's so sporatic we can't figure it out. We have changed CDI to "not used" stopped CDI off, verify on unload off - anything i could find in the forum to fix this problem. My boss has resorted to a reinstall on a clean machine - this mean moving media database, indexes, licensing, OMG!

Since there is no support qualification matrix that I can find, can anyone using a Scalar i2k tell me what version HBA and tape device drivers they are using.

Hello,

I use a SI2K with LTO3 (FC), under AIX 5.3, with NW 7.3.3.

Tape driver is the ATAPE Driver provided by IBM.
HBA are old emulex LP9002 and LP9802.

With no problem, of course :)

So, how can I help you ? (command to perform...)

The problem stated when we moved to 7.4.4 from 7.3.3 -- so don't upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back