Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hba bluescreening??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timithy

Technical User
Jun 1, 2004
US
Hey..

I setup arcserve 11 in a test lab, and it seemed to work great. I put it on my san (with all the req'd options) and when I try to do a device config, my computer bluescreens, pointing to an exception error on a cpqfcftr.sys file, which is the compaq fibre filter driver for my hba's. Running an MSL5000 library with all the routers and switches that it came with. I installed the latest compaq drivers for the hba, and I disabled all the compaq scsi monitors from the compaq monitoring utils.

Would this mean I have a bad hba? or does someone have a another idea?

Hi,

I cannot help with technical mathers on this because I meet problems with BABv11 and Compaq/HP libraries (3 in my case)
I can only give you my little experience...

I think there are great software problem between BABv11 & MSLxxxx.
I have 2 DL380 witch 3 MSL5026. HP/Compaq hardware standard are respected and I meet problems on all of my MSL's:
1. Multiplexed Backup cannot be restored because of "random" errors...
2. Engines crashes without any explanation (Cannot connect engine). Problem is: it occurs during the backup
3. Database (VLDB) index corrupted +/- 10 times in 3 weeks
4. Inventory of slots fails without error

However I reinstalled the server, windows & the application many times for ALWAYS the same result.

I can invite you to read the two posts here below:

I'm troubleshouting the problem since 3 weeks and my advice now is HP/Compaq MSLxxxx must not be in the HCL of BABv11...for a few time more...

Well, now I (re)installed the software for a last "test" time if I'm not satified I got no other solution than downgrade (reinstall) in ARCserve 2000 (v7)...

Fyi,

Fredje

Also disable the library from under the OS Device Manager media changers, and the tape drives, so that the OS drivers for the library and tape drives will not load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back