Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Haw the function @MailDbName works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ploki

Technical User
Oct 25, 2002
IT
I'd like to know if someone has ever used the function @MailDbName in a web site.
My problem is quite simple: I know the name of the user, and with this data I'd like to discover the name of his mail file in my Domino Server?
I tried with the @MailDbName function with no result. It gives me the name of the web-database and not the name of the user's mail database.

Thanks

Indeed, the web side of Domino seems to ignore many things about the Notes database behind it. Actually, it does ignore many things.
I think you will find that a better way to get the mail file name is to do a dblookup in the $People view of the server NAB. The field you are looking for is called MailFile.
Of course, you will need to construct the user name correctly to use as search key.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back