Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having trouble with values on a certain date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSSFisgard

Technical User
Nov 7, 2006
Here's the deal. I have a report that I need to display a current account balance at todays date, and that same account balance at a date in the past. eg. March 31. Right now I'm running a parameter to select the balance at todays date. I'm using CRXIr2 on a sql database. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

You need to tell us how your database holds the data. Do you have a field that shows the balance at different time periods or is it a calculation? If so, how is this calculated? Please show us the relevant fields. Also, what is your current record selection formula?

-LB

Yes the account balance is a field that has already been calculated, I'm just pulling the number. Where I'm running into trouble is trying to display not only the balance on a date selected by a paremeter(which is usually always todays date) but I'd like to also be able to dispay the balance at a date in the past. The balance field is "AsOfBalance". The record selection formula is a basic date/time parameter. I hope this explains it a little better.

Thanks
Sonny

You have to add the other date to your record selection. You could make the date parameter be a multiple value parameter and then use:

{table.date} = {?date}

...where the user is instructed to select one or more dates. If you then want a side by side comparison of dates, you can insert a crosstab that uses date as the column field and balance as the summary.

-LB

Thats great thanks, ill give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back