Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having trouble with my Hard-drives 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chr1sR40

Technical User
Oct 26, 2011
GB
I have recently built my PC, I got a motherboard with a built in SSD on it, the SSD is only 18GB and stores my Operating System on it (Windows 7 64-Bit), i also have a 2TB hard-drive but Im getting and issue and im not sure how to fix it, by Default everything is being saved to my SSD, and I want it so that my SSD holds only my Operating System in it, and my 2TB HDD to store everything else on it, how would i be able to do this?

There are a few ways to do it, the easiest and least messy to the operating system requires a reinstall of windows. It requires going into "Audit Mode" and making some changes during the install, there are other ways that involve messing with the registry file, but this can cause some issues with windows. Check this link, and read and follow the directions at the top of the page. This is what I used and it worked for me.

Could he use smart response technology in that setup or is the drive too small?

Thanks a lot, I have sorted the issue now, you were a Great help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back