Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having trouble with Jump Menu 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeevenze

Technical User
Mar 13, 2001
US
I'm having a problem using the jump menu...essentially it only jumps once...when it reaches the new page, the jump menu on that page doesn't work (and the new page has the same jump menu that the first page does -cut and paste-). I've put the menu's code below...i'd really appreciate it if someone could tell me why this is happening.
Thank you in advance

<form name=&quot;frmsortby&quot; method=&quot;post&quot; action=&quot;&quot;>
<select name=&quot;sortbyjumpmenu&quot; onChange=&quot;MM_jumpMenu('parent',this,0)&quot;>

<option value=&quot;jobdetails_timeentries.asp?sortby=<%=(rstimeentries.Fields.Item(&quot;job_number&quot;).Value)%>&quot; selected>Sort by</option>

<option value=&quot;jobdetails_timeentries_enteredby.asp?sortby=<%=(rstimeentries.Fields.Item(&quot;job_number&quot;).Value)%>&quot;>Enteredby</option>

<option value=&quot;jobdetails_timeentries_date.asp?sortby=<%=(rstimeentries.Fields.Item(&quot;job_number&quot;).Value)%>&quot;>Date</option>

<option value=&quot;jobdetails_timeentries_code.asp?sortby=<%=(rstimeentries.Fields.Item(&quot;job_number&quot;).Value)%>&quot;>Code</option>
</select>
<input type=&quot;button&quot; name=&quot;Button1&quot; value=&quot;Go&quot; onClick=&quot;MM_jumpMenuGo('sortbyjumpmenu','parent',0)&quot;>
</form>

I don't know if DW copied all the necessary scripts when you did your cut'n'paste - try creating the jump menu anew in the second page or copying the MM_jumpMenu() and MM_jumpMenuGo() Javascript functions in the source code.

Hope this helps...
allow thyself to be the spark that lights the fire
haslo@haslo.ch - www.haslo.ch​

I did the jump menu anew in the other page and it works now...thanks.

Mufi

I am trying to do a search and jump menu combination (i.e. you type in a word to search for in a textfield e.g. 'david bowie', and then your jump menu selection will choose from which table it will filter. e.g. Artist table and which page to open the results in). My problem is that the form that I placed these in only wants to go to one link, and if I don't put a link in, it doesn't work at all. I've tried created a behaviour for the form, but I don't really know what I'm doing. I've also tried doing away with the form, but that doesn't work either...
Can you please show me how to do these two things together?
Thanks
Colleen.

Hello Colleen!

I don't think you need JumpMenu in this situation, just usual Menu and a submitting button like GO!

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back