Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

having trouble using the upsize wizard in access to make a SQL db

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost500

IS-IT--Management
Mar 10, 2009
US
Hi all,
I am trying to upsize a very simple access 2007 db to a SQL 2005 db.

when i run the upsize wizard and select create new database it doesn't make the server connection (the SQL db will be on a different server than the access db)

all of my tables have ID fields (which are my primary if thats bad) but I believe the login has all rights to create and is the system admin.

It really looks like it doesn't try at all so i don't think i'm getting very far in the connection if that helps i don't understand what i might be doing

Any help would be great and if there is a better way to get the database up on the SQL

Thanks!

Is it sql express? If so you need to make sure your path is YourServer/SQLExpress. Sometimes when upsizing this path won't show in the list.

Do you know if the database and tables have even been created on the SQL Server? Is it just the linking that is not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back