Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having to resize Internet Windows Everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

magbag

IS-IT--Management
Jul 31, 2003
US
I have a user that is complaining about having to re-size his internet windows everday when he logs in. The user has two 17 inch dell ultra sharp monitors. When opening an internet windows it spans both monitors.
In return the user has to shrink it to size to fit one screen. I'm not sure if this is a display property or a GPO setting.
He opens like 10 sites per day and has to re-size each window.
Our environment is windows 2003 server active directory with windows 2000 clients. I’m not sure if there is a policy for this type setting in IE but sure would like to figure it out!
Any help would be appreciated!

Drag the top, right, bottom and left windows borders for any window to the size desired. Then click File, Close. The next time the window is opened it will have preserved the settings. (Do not use the icons at top right to close or resize the window).

That sounds like a plan.
Thanks! MAG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back