Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having several DB projects-Best way to reference databases from withing a view or stored procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeeTrees

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2017
CA

Hi all,

I want to know the best way to have several database projects in a solution and be able to reference those other databases from within a view or stored procedure without getting error messages. Currently i have a solution having number of db projects and references. But i get reference errors. I can fix the issue short term by messing around with the database references I’ve added but after a couple of month it starts again. Any suggestion to do it best way.

Thanks

Why is your database reference changing?

==================================
advanced cognitive capabilities and other marketing buzzwords explained with sarcastic simplicity

Not changing but stop working and giving error message.

What happens in vagueness, stays in vagueness.

Can you be less vague?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Each time either i have to refresh data file (newly exported) or try any one of the other option. I am also using sqlcmd variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back