Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having problems with updating to succession 6.0 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb6934

Technical User
Jul 14, 2010
US
I have been in the process of configuring a Option 11c that is getting upgraded to a CS1000E 6.0 Linux base platform. I went through and followed all of the steps and I'm unable to access the cslogin and during the reboot of the system I noticed that it's not loading the Nortel applications and it stated that they weren't installed.Can anyone help me with this?

It´s a CPPM Co-resident Call and Sigserver? Then first you must upgrade the CPPM BIOS

NN43001-315_03.13_installation_commissioning_Linux_Base_Apps.pdf (at page 199)

Meridian, Callpilot, CCM (Symposium) from Germany

Yes I already completed that task and this is what I am seeing during the boot up process:

Starting linuxbase_srv: Nortel applications are not installed

Then later on during the boot up process I also get this as well:

cppmInfo: cppmInfo completed successfully
/admin/Nortel/install/installedconfig not found. Skipping it.

I know linux so I logged in under root and tried looking in the /admin/nortel/install folder and I only see the basic configuration folders and nothing else...I'm going crazy right about now.

I almost forgot it's a CPPM Co-Res and also can't do a cslogin either.

After you had installed Linux, did you configure your UCM Security?
Did you install 2 Linux Patches?
Did you deploy the applications (SS/NRS/CS)?
Did you install Linux Servicepack?

After you had installed Linux, did you configure your UCM Security? Yes
Did you install 2 Linux Patches? No
Did you deploy the applications (SS/NRS/CS)? Unable too
Did you install Linux Servicepack? No

After loading the base linux on the servers, you need to join the security domain, patch the servers, deploy the applications, then apply the SP Bundle to each server.

The current linux base patches are:
nortel-cs1000-linuxbase-6.00.18.65-03.i386.001.ntl
nortel-cs1000-patchWeb-6.00.18.63-01.i386.000.ntl

The current ServicePack Bundle is:
Service_Pack_Linux_6.00.18.20100608.ntl

It is important that the linux base patches are applied in the above order. The patches are available from the nortel espl site. If you don't have access, then get them from your distributor.

I downloaded the first two patches and now they are in service, but when I try to download the Service Pack I receive this error:

All patches are already in service, or required version of underlying RPM not present.

I stil can't access any of the nortel applications because of this..Somebody please help and thank you allenmac for putting me on the right path.

Before you install the Service_Pack_Linux_6.00.18.20100608.ntl you MUST deploy the applications.

You should have either a purple DVD with the Nortel CS1000 Applications, or an image file that ends with .nai

The filename on my DVD is: nortel-cs1000-linux-6001862-P100-M01.nai

This file gets uploaded to your deployment manager on the Primary UCM server, and then all applications are distributed to the different elements from there.

Thanks allenmac...I didn't receive the cd but I found the image on Nortel's website and loaded it yesterday and all of the applications came up. Now all I have to do is register the MGC to UCM server and start programming my cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back