Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having problems with embedding mp3 player on Google blogger

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmunster123

Technical User
May 22, 2012
US
I've built a few websites but this really has me stumped, I'm trying to embed an mp3 player here

I found a few players online but none of them work, I put the code in the html part of the page but it only shows up for a few seconds in firefox, nothing works. I tried many players, google, yahoo, etc. I worked on this all day and can't seem to resolve it. Any advice?

... the web link, you posted, shows that you're programming this site in Googles Blog (Blogger/Blogspot) ... as for now you can't upload media files to your Blogger environment directly ... you could, though, upload your media files to (nearly) any free web space and use its link in your Blogger site.

Since you have already a Google account you could use Google sites for this task. The following guide works with Windows and/or OSX PC's ...

Click on this link and "Create" your own media file host site.

In "Select a template to use:" select: "Blank template".
Enter a site name in "Name your site:" (you might choose a similar name as your Blog).
"Select a theme" ... any will do.
"Type the code shown:"

In the "Home" section click on the "New page (c)" icon top/right.
"Name your page:" name it "Files" (for example).
In "Select a template to use" select "File Cabinet".
In "Select a location:" select "Put page under Home" ... then click on "Create" ...

In "Files" move mouse over "Share" (top/right corner) make sure "Visibility options:" is set to either "Public on the Web" or "Anyone with the Link" ...

Click on "Add file" and select the MP3 (or what ever) file you want ... your file will be uploaded ...
Go back to "Files" ... right-click on "Download" of your file and click on "Copy Link Location" ... now you can paste the link to your file where ever you want.

There is a last thing you have to do, before you're done tough, the link, you've copied, has a link parameter tail, on the right of the file extension (.mp3), looking like this "?attredirects=0&d=1", you have to delete …

... by the way, the simplest code, for most modern browsers, is this one:

<embed type="audio/mpeg" loop="false" autostart="false" width="xxx" height="xxx" src=" />

There is a problem though, with this and some other players, with the secure ( link of your media files, if you have a custom domain name, like: xyz.com, rather than xyz.blogspot.com/ the Players, some times, won't play in most browsers ... and I am not quite sure why this is.

Cheers and good luck ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back