Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Having problems with connecting clients to as400.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gayson

Vendor
Jan 29, 2007
ZW
Having problems with connecting clients to as400. On the work station it disables all users when you try logging in on from any work station. It pings sucessfully. what could be the problem??

is this a new install? I assume you can signon via a "crt", not an ibm client access session over tcpip. Need a little more detail, does it disable the userids? does it sign off the sessions? Have you limited the sessions a user can have by specifying the QMLTDEVSSN as sometime other than NOLIMIT.?? More INFO Please.

this is a new installation, and this particular AS400 has been installed on a network already having another running AS400. The problem herefoth is trying to log on to this new one. You can ping it and it replys, but when you try to connect to it, it then disables the user. All users have been set up in the wrkusrprf. unless or otherwise there are some missing parameters...

I am guessing that you are using IBM client access. Are you using that address to connect to, via client access? Are both ip address called AS400, via the network dns? So you get the signon screen, is that correct?, top left,, the serial number of the machine is the correct one to sign onto? Since the users have been setup, somewhere there is a tube/crt connected to the AS400,,, logon there, and check the wrksysval *all,, looking at the security settings, and the way the devices are configured, atuo or not, Have a user sign on at the tube/crt.

I have managed to solve part of the problem, by installing the client access software 5722wx1 but my problem now is on dsplog it comes up with a lot of errors in connection to licencing for 5722wx1. Do I need a licence seperate from the rest that I have such as 5722wds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back