Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HAVING PROBLEMS W/ CAP's Unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveebc

Technical User
May 9, 2005
Installed a CAP's onto an exsisting M7324 w/ 1 CAP already there. It does not see the unit. My understanding is that it would share the same power supply, and only two CAP's to one M7324, and five in the switch. I swapped the CAP's around to make sure that both units were operational. I don't know if I am missing a step.

Do you have a 6 conductor cord with power going to the 2nd and 3rd pair? They share the same SAP, but need both pairs powered.

MarvO said it

remember only 2 addons per power supply

If i lived in colorado i would be skiing already.But i dont so its a long 4 weeks till opening day.

You may have more than 5 CAP's per switch. The limitation is the number of M7324 ext's with a CAP connected with a LINE APPEARANCE assigned. No more than 5 M7324's can have a CAP installed with line appearance.
No more than 50 ext's with CAP's may be used.
The 24VDC power must be applied to +/- to pins 3 and 6 +/- to pins 2 and 7 as per USOC standards.

I have found over the years that some klm's need power on just the second pair of wires (orange pair) and some need power on the second and third pair (green pair) both. Strange, but true. Of course, three pair line cords are needed in all spots.

to clarify bigcat919's answer - depending on the wiring standard the color code varies

But this works always:

for Station port - innermost pair
for 1st CAP - next outer pair surrounding innermost pair
for 2nd CAP - next outer pair surrounding PS of 1st CAP

8pin Jack
4,5 - Phone
3,6 - CAP1 PS
2,7 - CAP2 PS

6pin Jack
3,4 - Phone
2,5 - CAP1 PS
1,6 - CAP2 PS